Friday, October 23, 2009

Stuffed bengan


When I was child I never liked Bengan, I used to take it out from my dish, But when I tried this version of bengan, my taste was change.My Mother use to make it very tasty, even the aroma of the curry is so nice that u cannot resist urself from having.when I think of a perfact thali for winter season it would be stuffed bengan, Green moong daal khichdi, Kadhi and Bajri Rotla with papad and aachar..ohh my god now this is mouthwatering for u too right, so let's make it.


Ingredients:


for stuffing:


small size bengans : 6-8

nylon sev : 2 tbsp

peanuts : 2 tbsp (crushed)

garlic paste : 1 tbsp

red chili powder : 1tbsp

Turmeric powder : 1 tsp

Sugar : 1 tbsp

Coriander leaves : 1 tbsp

coriander powder : 1 tbsp

garam masala : 1 tsp

salt according to taste

Oil : 1 tbsp


For making curry:

Potato : 1 small size (cut in 4 pieces)

tomato: 1 small size( cut in small pieces)

Oil : 1 tbsp (for seasoning)

mustard seeds : 1 tsp

Hing a pinch

water : 2 cups


Recipe:



  • Mix all the spices in nylon sev and crushed peanuts.

  • add sugar,coriander leaves

  • slit bengan from both side such that we can stuff,( see the pic)

  • stuff bengan with the mixture. keep remaining mixture aside

  • heat oil in a cooker.

  • add mustard seeds when it crackles add hing

  • Add stuffed bengan, cut potato and tomato

  • Add remaining mixture .

  • Add water

  • Cover the lid of cooker and keep on till only one whistle

  • Open the lid and check if cooked ,cover the lid again.

stuffed bengan is ready to serve .

Tips:

It tastes best with Moong dal khichdi.

Instead of cooker, it can be cooked in a pan covered with lid.



No comments:

Post a Comment