When I was child I never liked Bengan, I used to take it out from my dish, But when I tried this version of bengan, my taste was change.My Mother use to make it very tasty, even the aroma of the curry is so nice that u cannot resist urself from having.when I think of a perfact thali for winter season it would be stuffed bengan, Green moong daal khichdi, Kadhi and Bajri Rotla with papad and aachar..ohh my god now this is mouthwatering for u too right, so let's make it.
small size bengans : 6-8
nylon sev : 2 tbsp
peanuts : 2 tbsp (crushed)
garlic paste : 1 tbsp
red chili powder : 1tbsp
Turmeric powder : 1 tsp
Sugar : 1 tbsp
Coriander leaves : 1 tbsp
coriander powder : 1 tbsp
garam masala : 1 tsp
salt according to taste
Oil : 1 tbsp
For making curry:
Potato : 1 small size (cut in 4 pieces)
tomato: 1 small size( cut in small pieces)
Oil : 1 tbsp (for seasoning)
mustard seeds : 1 tsp
Hing a pinch
water : 2 cups
- Mix all the spices in nylon sev and crushed peanuts.
- add sugar,coriander leaves
- slit bengan from both side such that we can stuff,( see the pic)
- stuff bengan with the mixture. keep remaining mixture aside
- heat oil in a cooker.
- add mustard seeds when it crackles add hing
- Add stuffed bengan, cut potato and tomato
- Add remaining mixture .
- Add water
- Cover the lid of cooker and keep on till only one whistle
- Open the lid and check if cooked ,cover the lid again.
stuffed bengan is ready to serve .
It tastes best with Moong dal khichdi.
Instead of cooker, it can be cooked in a pan covered with lid.