Gol papdi as name suggests made of Jaggery (gud) and wheat flour.
Ghee 1 cup
Wheat flour 2 cup
jaggery 3/4 cup or according to taste
cardamom (Elaichi) 2-3 (powdered)
- Heat some ghee on pan..
- Add wheat flour In ghee and roast it till light pink colour.
- Take it in a plate.
- heat remaining ghee and add jaggery to it, mix it fast and stir continuously.(if we keep it for long time it will become hard so do it fast)
- Add roasted flour.Add powdered elaichi.
- Take a plate greece some ghee with finger on it.take a steel bowl applying ghee upside down (keep both ready).
- spread the mixture On plate .Spread fast and press with steel bowl.
- make the cuts with knife but don't take it out till cools down.
Take out pieces when its totally cooled down.
It's high calorie sweet recipe, Good to have during winter times, As our Elder people say ghee for strength and gud is good source of iron.So good for growing children.