Sunday, April 25, 2010

Apple Butter and Guava paste chutney


Hi friends, We all use temarind-jaggery chutney for many of our chaat recipes.But when i tested this chutney, i couldn't believe...Same tangy taste but no temarind atall!!!! Now for any chaat, i m preparing applebutter and guava paste chutney only :)Thanks to my potluck friend yugma who gave me this recipe
Recipe:
Add applebutter and guava paste in equal quantity,salt,redchili powder,coriander-cumin powder, dry mango powder and water..Finally blend the mixture . Chutney is ready :)
Note : We can add some cooked dates in chutney.. guava paste is for sweet taste and its amount can vary as per your own taste.
Apple butter can be found in applebarn, publix, walmart easily(check the jam and jelly section), but guava paste have found in publix only till now.. U can replace guava paste with jaggery or dates

2 comments:

  1. Interesting! :) Should give this a try. Where can I find apple butter and guava paste? I have bought apple sauce but apple butter is new for me. I have never seen guava paste...could u please tell me which brand of both these products do u use? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey priti, u can find Apple butter and guava paste in Publix, I used applebarn's apple butter and publix's guavapaste when i made first time, next time i found applebutter in walmart but publix or aplple barn applebutter is better

    ReplyDelete